NAMI FAMILY-to-FAMILY Class
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program is a 12 week course for families and friends of individuals with serious mental illness. The course is taught by trained family members who have lived with this experience.
Many family members describe the impact of this program as “life changing.” Join the thousands of families just like yours who have gained insight, information, and understanding through this course.
Family – to – Family Course Topics Include:
- Family Responses to the trauma of mental illness
- Schizophrenia, major depression, and mania; Diagnosis and dealing with critical periods
- Depression and Bipolar subtypes; Panic Disorder; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Borderline Personality Disorder; Co-occurring brain and addictive disorders.
- The biology of the brain; Emerging scientific discoveries
- Problem solving workshop
- Medication Review
- Understanding the inner experience of having a mental illness
- Communication skills workshop
- Self-care, relative group testimony
- Rehabilitation; services available
- Advocacy; fighting stigma
- Celebration & certification ceremony
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED & SPACE IS LIMITED.
CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY!
For more information or to register, contact the NAMI Montco Office at:
215-361-7784 or email@example.com
NAMI Family-to-Family Classes start in September
NAMI Montgomery County Office – 100 West Main Street, Suite 204, Lansdale, PA 19446
Day & Evening Classes Available
Hopeworx – 1210 Stanbridge Street, Suite 2, Norristown, PA 19401
Evening Class Available
All course materials are provided at no cost to you.
We do require registration & a commitment to attend all classes.